Qatar Charity International Healthcare and Nutrition Projects
Health and nutrition
Every day, 15,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable and treatable diseases.
Child mortality is only one of the many challenges faced by fragile communities in public health. Today, healthcare is all too often inaccessible because of poverty, marginalization, lack of primary healthcare facilities in addition to the frequent spread of infectious, endemic, and chronic diseases in underdeveloped regions.
Qatar Charity’s efforts
Through diverse projects, Qatar Charity works hard to improve the standards of healthcare in underdeveloped communities through providing access to adequate medical facilities, supplies, training, medications, and vaccines. Our working approach promotes the active involvement of the affected populations in the early programming, implementation and evaluation process to make sure our interventions are centered around their needs.
1. Improve the standard and quality of healthcare services
2. Decrease the mortality rate through combating preventable and communicable diseases
3. Decrease the maternal mortality from pregnancy and birth complications
4. Decrease the under-five mortality rate
5. Combat preventable and treatable blindness
6. Strengthen and expand the medical capacity in underdeveloped and rural regions
Areas of Intervention
Facilities and maintenance
• Building public health facilities in primary and secondary healthcare
• Improving hygiene and sanitation facilities and providing medical supplies, medicines and vaccines
Specialized healthcare programs
• Training local health committees
• Promoting health awareness and delivering medical training