VIEW YOUR CART
International human rights law recognizes everyone's right to an adequate standard of living, including adequate housing.
Unfortunately, more than 1.5 billion people still lack access to a place where they can live in security, peace and dignity and millions more lose their homes every year due to poverty and marginalization.
At Qatar Charity, we believe that housing is a foundation from which other legal entitlements can be achieved, and that the lack thereof impedes the ability of vulnerable groups to access health, education and employment opportunities, further deepening inequalities and exclusion of vulnerable groups.
Qatar Charity's approach
to the global Social Housing challenges
• Ensuring that the targeted vulnerable groups have access to adequate and safe housing and basic services with a particular focus on those living in rural and underdeveloped areas.
• Building housing units for vulnerable families.
• Maintenance and renovation of housing units.
• Building and expanding sanitation facilities and infrastructure.
• Providing clean and sustainable energy sources for households.
• innovative, adaptable and sustainable solutions in construction and building .
Expenditure (in USD)
children, women, people with disabilities, elderly and vulnerable communities
through 30 field offices and implementing partners